Wednesday 3 April 2013

I am an IATEFL registered blogger!!

Yes, I'm shouting it from the rooftops!!

For those of you who don't know, next week sees the staging of the 47th annual IATEFL conference, the biggest and most well-known event pertaining to our profession anywhere in the world.  This year's conference is being held in Liverpool's Arena and Convention Centre from April 8th - 12th.  
liverpool Online

If you can't attend in person, however, don't worry!  The plenary sessions and lots of interviews are being live-streamed throughout the conference so you can be a part of events no matter where you are in the world.  Go to the website now and register - that way, you'll be able to take part in the forums and discussions as well as follow the live events.
 
Click here to watch a welcome message from IATEFL president, Eric Baber and here to check out the schedule for the plenary sessions so that you can plan your time next week.
 
As for me, I've already filled my diary with the sessions I don't want to miss, but I have a confession to make.... I did the same last year and then work commitments got in the way and, to my regret, I didn't get involved in IATEFL 2012 at all!!  So, this year, I decided to apply to be a registered blogger for the online conference, figuring that it would force me to attend sessions and write about them!  Last night, I received my acceptance e-mail so it's all systems go!  This is the first of, I hope, several blog posts offering my summaries of sessions attended as well as thoughts on the overall experience of attending an international conference online.  I hope some of you will come on the journey with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment