I was joining the chat for the first time since relocating to Vietnam a few months ago, but was immediately made to feel welcome - just like I'd never been away! The discussion was moderated superbly by @Marisa_C and @Shaunwilden and was, as usual, informative and thought-provoking.....
- Threshold Level - a book which @SimonGreenall worked on and which contains useful lists of functional language.
- Functional language from tefl.net via @AnneSinclair1.
- Functional approaches in EFL/ ESL via @AnneSinclair1.
- Using silent movies - from @theteacherjames.
- Good site for videos and lesson plans via @AnneSinclair1.
- Focussing on communication strategies via @annehodg
- Good discussion on functions via @AnneSinclair1.
- 'Function in English' (1982) J. Blundell, J. Higgins & N. Middlemiss - currently out of print, but highly recommended by @Marisa_C.
- 'Variations on a Theme' - a book giving the same dialogue, but in different contexts - very good for intonation.