Saturday, 14 January 2012

New Year, New Me?

I'm writing this on January 11th, 2012, so I guess I've already failed in my grand plan to implement changes in my life at the beginning of the New Year!  Still, it's not yet two weeks in, so I suppose my year starts now - 'better late than never' as they say!
What changes am I talking about, anyway?  Well, nothing major - no momentous shifts in direction.  I think all I'm hoping to do is to achieve three small goals:
  1. Make better use of my time
  2. Maintain better contact with friends and family
  3. Work on my professional development as a teacher
And I really have no excuse!  I'm now working in a job where I finish at 3.30pm Monday to Friday and have every weekend off, so I really should have time to do all of the things I've been putting off.  I can't play the 'I'm sorry, I'm just so busy' card now!

So, in practical terms, what am I actually going to do?
  • Go swimming at least once a week (we have a beautiful, outdoor, Olympic-sized pool within walking distance of our apartment, so what's my excuse?)
  • Go walking at least twice a week (there's a lovely landscaped park between home and the pool, so, again, what's the reason not to do it?)
  • Revive my blog and publish at least one post every week (I haven't posted regularly for several months, not at all since I came to Vietnam, so expect to see some retrospective posts at first!)
  • Reply to all those Christmas and New Year messages I received
  • Start studying for my DELTA (Marisa, I'm ready now!)
  • Take part in some online teacher training sessions (I've already started two of the EVO 2012 courses)
So, small, perfectly-achievable goals, which I've now put out there into cyberspace so there's even less reason not to achieve them ........... I'll keep you posted!!!!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment